Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Double Pocket Card

This is my second card made specifically for challenges. I enjoyed making this card because there was a specific type of card required for one challenge (Squigglefly Challenge #63) , and a specific color scheme was required for a second challenge (SAV Challenge #31) . Well, actually, they are both color specific, but the Squigglefly color requirement is fall colors and the Stampavie color requirement fits. Additionally the color scheme challenge also required a Stampavie stamp be used. It took me a minute to figure out how to get my elements to come together, but I did it. I decided to make a miniature card for my granddaughter with the stamped (My Sweet Lili by Sarah Kay) image to use as one of the inserts for the pocket. I made her a bookmark for my second pocket insert.

Card with inserts

Here are the inserts - a miniature card with a poem about granddaughters inside and a bookmark with "KNOW" & "LOVE" tags.


A non-challenge, non-card specific note here: I really need to get a small easle to put these cards in to take pictures. I am trying to take these pictures in my craft room where there is better light, but I seem to get either a shadow or a glare. Guess that is my next shopping quest.

Edit 08/27/10 @ 12:35 - Yay me, this card fits the criteria for a third challenge this week: Paper Cutz Challenge #56 . That is fortunate for me since this has been a hard week for me, but I will put up a new post on all that.

Also, I picked up a  couple of small clear plastic easels, so hopefully future cards can be better photographed.

3 comments:

  1. This is precious Redonna! Love the papers you picked! Thanks for playing in the Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful, Redonna!
    I love this image from Sarah Kay and you have painted her so beautifully.
    Great take on the color-challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creation Redonna! Cool papers and bookmark and tag too! Well thought out and put together, thanks for joining us at Squigglefly!
    Sandi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete