Craft Room Update

Just posting a couple of small updates to my craft room. Both are compliments of Dear Hubby. He can get on my nerves sometimes, but then, I have to admit that most people do (yes, I will admit to not being a very patient person. Sad but true. And as hard as I have tried over the years to remedy that, well, just not happening.) But anyway, I digress, back to the craft room. Hubby dear made me some shelves to hang on the walls to help organize a little better. 


This is a small shelf he built to accommodate my wood-mount stamps. It is not all that big - 24" wide 25" high and 2.5" deep (that is wood measure - the top is serving as a shelf and is not measured in that 25" since I only measured to wood structure), but that was just about all the size that space on the wall would allow for. And I could have had him make it with deeper shelves, but the goal was to make the images of the stamps visible so that I would not have to move stamps in and out to find what I might want to work with. There really is not much room for growth, but honestly, I so much prefer clear stamps and acrylic blocks that I probably will add very few more wood-mounts to my collection.


Here is my other shelf hubby dear built for me. Again, specific to what I wanted to use it for, it is 48"W x 36"H but this one is 3.5" deep and is made from a heavier wood for the extra weight of the punches that I store on it. A little room for growth, but not a lot. I can move the adhesives and stuff from the top shelf and add more punches to that shelf later :D I hated to have him build it much bigger because it would be too hard for me to reach anything too high up and as you see it is hanging low enough on the wall as it is that it is barely higher than my sewing machine (which is in a standard sewing machine cabinet.)


So, now I am out of wall space to add more storage. I could add some storage below the work table, but I will wait a while and see how what I currently have migrates and morphs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CardSwaps World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop!

OWH Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop

Operation Write Home Bunny Hop Blog Hop