Journal Twenty 14 Update

Well, it has been a few weeks since I started the Journal52 and The Documented Life Project on facebook so I thought I would post the entries for these past few week.

But, before we get to the weekly prompts I want to share the journal since adding tabs to the Month-at-a-Glance pages. I used a We R Memory Keepers tab punch - the bracket style. I used a variety of scrap cardstock and stamped the months in Vintage Paper Distress ink and then aged the edges. I attached them using the We R Memory Keepers Tab Stickers. I really like that the tab stickers give a firmness to the tabs. I feel that they have a better chance of surviving the daily usage.


I also went through and added small pictures to holidays and noted family birthdays in bright colored gel pens.



Now, on to the weekly prompt additions.

The prompt for week one of The Documented Life Project was "Photograph, sketch, paint or incorporate your front door." For this prompt I took a picture of my front door and edited it with app filters and added it as a fold-out page attached to the right side of the weekly calendar using washi tape. I used the Bible verse Matthew 7:7-8. It came to mind as soon as I saw the prompt so I had to use it.

I opened out the fold-out page and just doodles on the journaling lines and the back of the fold-out. Since I'm retired I don't really have so much going on that I need a weekly planner anymore, but I liked the idea of the weekly prompts and the art journaling so I decided I will use my journal to write out daily Bible verses. For that I am using brightly colored gel pens. 

The prompt for week two of The Documented Life Project came quickly since January 1st was on a Wednesday and the prompts are scheduled to be posted on Sundays. So week two's prompt was "Selfie". I used my facebook profile image and edited it in Photoshop. This one also became a fold-out add on to the right side of the weekly planner. 

On the back of the selfie image I printed a copy of a scene from the movie UP. This was for the Week one prompt for Journal52 - "Up Up and Away" I did this one with pencil & watercolor pencils. I did not use enough water on most because I started out intending to use Zig markers but changed my mind after the picture was traced (yes, traced - lol). So it was drawn on plain cardstock and I did not want too much paper tear or rippling so I went thin. The flip side of the cardstock had my image for my The Documented Life journal project and when I went to iron the cardstock flat I goofed and turned on steam when I thought I was turning off steam, so the backside was ruined. I then scanned in this side and just reprinted both images in duplex to avoid adding too much bulk.


On to week three of The Documented Life. The prompt was "Add an envelope from your mailbox." For this one I combined week three for TDLP with week two of Journal52 - "Somewhere, a Simple Place". I used the address panes from an envelope that a bill came in as window panes looking out from a colored pencil room. the windows show my view of a valley, somewhere, a simple place. 

For my Simple place I drew a scene using Copic markers. I trimmed the top with a Martha Stewart edge punch and added lines from the song 'Peace in the Valley'.

And that brings us to week four of TDLP and week three of Journal52. The Documented Life Project prompt was "Write a secret message then paint over all but one key word." The prompt for Journal52 was "You Always Make Me Smile." I started out journalling in orange ink and then applied gesso to cover all but one (well, actually I left 2) word/s exposed. 

I then water-colored a teddy bear and added a teddy bear poem for the Journal52 prompt of "You always make me smile". I love teddy bears. I have many dozens! And tons are stored - for some day . . . if I end up a widow I will fill my rooms with them again, but if I leave my hubs as a widower then he will take them all to a goodwill box. ): I love my teddy bears.


So there we are. Current . . . for now. 

Comments

  1. I love your pages!! I'm doing the same and incorporating Journal52 and DLP. You are one of the few people that I've seen posting that doesn't have tons of vivid hues taking over all their pages and the pages are simple and stylized. Make me feel so much better about my own as I"m not a vivid hue kind of gal. You've done a great job incorporating the two themes together for each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is Amazing I have never seeen anything like it! Love the Colours, Embellies and your Amazing Decorting! Have a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. I will not approve comments containing links to other sites for the safety of my subscribers. Thank you for understanding.

Popular posts from this blog

CardSwaps World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop!

OWH Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop

Operation Write Home Bunny Hop Blog Hop