Finally Got Back in My Craft Room!

Well, after a somewhat long hiatus from crafting, I finally got back in my craft room. I just simply did not have energy or will to do anything for a few months and on Jan. 17, 2011 I was diagnosed with Diabetes. I have since been on insulin injections & pills and I have modified my diet, started exercising 4 times a week and after a month of working towards feeling better I actually had enough energy this week to make some cards for some challenges on CardMaker Card Swap.

Sadly, being half out of the loop and really concentrating my energy on just getting the cards made I failed to list my components as I went along. But I am still going to post the pictures of the cards I mad this past week.


My entry:

Next up is "Beat The Blues Crop; Wednesday Challenge: A Master Plan" - Create a card using the following items: 3 patterned papers, 3 flowers, 6 non flower embellishments & 1 sentiment.

My entry:


My entry:

Now we have "Beat The Blues Crop; Friday Challenge - Second Hand News" - using printed paper that originally was meant for another purpose other than making a card. I chose an ad out of a magazine.

My entry:

And the magazine ad:

And the last entry in the Beat the Blues Crop Chellenges "Beat The Blues Crop; Wednesday Challenge: Follow My Lead" - create a card following the sketch provided.

My entry:

And then today I did an entry for the regular weekly challenge "Weekly Challenge 2/14-2/20 What Comes Next" make a baby card. There is only one rule-NO PINK or BLUE. So I went with 2 shades of purple and a yellow. Here is my entry:

I know none of them are fancy, intricate or elaborate, but just to be making anything is an improvement and I and pleased with my progress and effort. :)

Comments

  1. I Love them all....However the paper you used on the card that was inspired by the starbucks add...I LOVE IT! Very rustic. I am so glad you are back to crafting! I have missed you here.
    Love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. I will not approve comments containing links to other sites for the safety of my subscribers. Thank you for understanding.

Popular posts from this blog

CardSwaps World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop!

OWH Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop

Operation Write Home Bunny Hop Blog Hop