You're Never Too Old for Coloring Books!

True story. But yeah, the big problem with typical coloring books is they are made from paper that is generally best colored on with crayons. Not my medium of choice. :(

Ah, but no need for the sad face! Nope, no need at all! I am making my own coloring book! And I am making it with digi-stamps printed on my favorite paper for coloring with, my preferred medium, Copic Markers (X-Press It Paper).

This image is going to be part of my coloring book cover. Her name is Ani. She is currently available in Krista's shop: Ani, but if you like her and want to own your own copy than I recommend going on over there to buy her because shop stock is dynamic and she may not be there later.

Ani, colored with Copic markers
I haven't decided on the complete cover yet, but I went ahead and colored my girl so I could enter her in the color challenge (Challenge #36) over on Krista Smith's challenge blog: Saturated Canary Challenge Blog.

I had her printed and had stared at her for the better part of last week just trying to decide what colors would work. After a lot of back & forth I thought maybe the best plan would be to go to Michael's and see if I could find some scrapbook paper with a beachy theme and pull the colors from that. But then last night I stopped by Krista's blog to see what was going on and the color challenge jumped off the screen and hollered "We are the colors for your Hula Girl! We would be PERFECT! Use us!" And I whispered back (because, while the colors hollered at me, hubby could not hear them so it just wouldn't do for me to holler back, so yeah, I whispered) "Yes, yes, you are perfect!" (Oh, and I'm not crazy for having conversations with inanimate objects - or at least the voices in my head say I'm not - LOL.)

Anyway, I started out thinking I would do just a color book of Krista's super cute images, but I am waffling between that and a book of a mix from the tons of digi's I own. And I do have a ton . . . and, to be honest, they really are all cute. I mean, they have to be really cute or I wouldn't have bought them! Right?!?

Well, now off to concur the next challenge - not someones blog challenge, nope, this challenge is to try to match paper to the colored image and find the embellishments that will work with a color book that will need to lay open flat for coloring in. Shouldn't really be too hard because if all else fails I will just color white paper to suit me. :D

Comments

  1. Wow, beautiful colouring job! Love to see the finished project!! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wends. I was going to follow your blog but could not find a follow option and I have yet to be able to get an Atom Post follow to work, but I will try to contact you when I post the finished book.

      Delete
  2. awww thats so sweet, can't wait to see the finished book cover.
    Thank you for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is really pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. I will not approve comments containing links to other sites for the safety of my subscribers. Thank you for understanding.

Popular posts from this blog

CardSwaps World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop!

OWH Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop

Operation Write Home Bunny Hop Blog Hop